‘What's up Celebrities’ updates readers on latest development in celebrities’ professional and personal life. Breaking the biggest stories in celebrity and entertainment news. Get exclusive access to the latest hollywood, bollywood and bhojpuri stories, photos, and video.

Madonna gave an onstage tribute to her idol David Bowie, following his sudden death on Sunday, January 10th.  On Tuesday night, Madonna...

Madonna Sang ‘Rebel Rebel’ at Concert to Honor David Bowie

Madonna gave an onstage tribute to her idol David Bowie, following his sudden death on Sunday, January 10th. 

On Tuesday night, Madonna performed in Houston, Texas – her first concert since Bowie’s passing – and said this about the late singer: “If you haven’t heard about David Bowie, then look him up motherf***er.”

She continued by saying, “he showed me that it was OK to be different. And he was the first rebel heart that I laid eyes on.”

And given the name of her ongoing tour – the Rebel Heart Tour – it was easy to guess what song she’d perform in his memory: Bowie’s 1974 classic “Rebel Rebel”.

Apparently, the performance took an emotional toll on Madonna, who concluded the song by collapsing on stage.

Shortly after Bowie’s death was announced on Sunday, Madonna posted a lengthy remembrance on her Facebook page, including this anecdote:  “I went to see [David Bowie] in…Detroit. It was the first concert I’d ever been too [sic]. I snuck out of the house with my girlfriend wearing a cape. We got caught after and I was grounded for the summer. I didn’t care.”

0 coment�rios: