‘What's up Celebrities’ updates readers on latest development in celebrities’ professional and personal life. Breaking the biggest stories in celebrity and entertainment news. Get exclusive access to the latest hollywood, bollywood and bhojpuri stories, photos, and video.

(Brie Larson in the early 2000s. Photos: Getty Images) Long before she won Golden Globe, Critics’ Choice, and SAG awards and received a...

Before She Started Collecting Awards for 'Room,' Brie Larson Was an Aspiring Teen Pop Star

(Brie Larson in the early 2000s. Photos: Getty Images)

Long before she won Golden Globe, Critics’ Choice, and SAG awards and received an Oscar nomination for Best Actress for her role in Room, Brie Larson was an aspiring teen pop star. You might have noted her musical prowess when her character serenades her son with the traditional folk song “Big Rock Candy Mountain” in the Oscar-nominated film.

Larson isn’t focusing on music anymore, obviously. She recently almost apologetically acknowledged her time in the music business in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter: "I haven’t done music in 10 years, but if you Google my name, my music video is one of the first things that pops up. It’s this weird story that keeps coming back.“ 

Born Brianne Sidonie Desaulniers on Oct. 1, 1989 in Sacramento, Calif, Larson was a quiet child in social situations, though her mother noted her potential – as an actress, but Larson also had interest in music.

"I guess I can’t really say where it all started,” she said in a post on the American Music Channel website. “I didn’t have a lightbulb moment when I realized that I wanted to be a musician or an actor; I was probably too young to remember when it the idea came to me. I have always watched good movies and listened to great songwriters.”

0 coment�rios: