‘What's up Celebrities’ updates readers on latest development in celebrities’ professional and personal life. Breaking the biggest stories in celebrity and entertainment news. Get exclusive access to the latest hollywood, bollywood and bhojpuri stories, photos, and video.

[by Cho Hye Jin, translated by Kim Young Shin] “My ambition is not to be on the summit but to stay in the field long and wiry. I don’t wa...

‘Reply 1988’ Ra Mi Ran, Hopes for Her Long and Wiry Future Career

[by Cho Hye Jin, translated by Kim Young Shin] “My ambition is not to be on the summit but to stay in the field long and wiry. I don’t want to stand out. It is my dream to melt in to any show.”

On January 29, Ra Mi Ran held a press conference at Diamond Hall of THE PLAZA HOTEL SEOUL in Sogong-dong, Seoul. Reporters gathered to interview her after the end of recent tvN drama ‘Reply 1988’. Ra was serious but delightful throughout the event.


Ra seemed deeply affectionate of the drama as she revealed the story behind her new nick name ‘Madam Cheetah’ and how she felt when Jung Hwan, her son in the drama, did not go well with his first love. She did not hesitate to put down her dignity to act as Mrs. Ra of Ssangmun-dong. She brought laughter in the hall by saying “I told the director that my image as an actress was drained and he said I don’t care“

She highly praised the script of the drama. “The script of ‘Reply 1988’ was very powerful. In the passport scene, it wrote ‘Sorry Son (awkward smile to express regret)’ I had to think about what kind of smile that was. There were a lot of scenes where it was supposed to be funny but ended up sad and vice versa.”

“I am loyal to the script. All that I did were what was written down but many thought that they were improvised. Well, it actually was when I slapped Kim Sung Kyun in the back (laughs). It was the 14th time for me to play ‘ajumma’ (a Korean word for married woman). It is nothing special, because I began my acting career after my marriage. However, I try to add a twist to the character because people seem to expect to see me as a talkative and rough ajumma.”

0 coment�rios: