‘What's up Celebrities’ updates readers on latest development in celebrities’ professional and personal life. Breaking the biggest stories in celebrity and entertainment news. Get exclusive access to the latest hollywood, bollywood and bhojpuri stories, photos, and video.

Ariana Grande joined Carson Daly on 97.1 AMP Radio's Daly Download on Friday, and opened up about her support for Kesha. "I love...

Ariana Grande on Her Support for Kesha: 'I Don't Think a Male Artist Would Be in This Position'

Ariana Grande joined Carson Daly on 97.1 AMP Radio's Daly Download on Friday, and opened up about her support for Kesha.

"I love Kesha," Grande, 22, said of the 29-year-old pop singer and songwriter, who penned her 2014 track, "Pink Champagne." "I worked with her when I was a lot younger. We've been friends, I support her, regardless of what's going on."


Grande noted that the two never discussed the details of Kesha's alleged abuse by producer Dr. Luke -- the basis of an ongoing legal battle between the singer, producer and Sony -- but that she supports her fight to regain creative control of her music.

"The incredible double standards that we [women] face on a daily basis, in the industry and just in the world, it's shocking," Grande said. "I would be so amused, and pardon me if this comes across as sexist, but I don't think a male artist would be in this position right now. Sorry."

Grande's not worried, however, about being open in her support of Kesha.

0 coment�rios: