‘What's up Celebrities’ updates readers on latest development in celebrities’ professional and personal life. Breaking the biggest stories in celebrity and entertainment news. Get exclusive access to the latest hollywood, bollywood and bhojpuri stories, photos, and video.

Ellie Goulding has confirmed her split from McFly musician Dougie Poynter. The Love Me Like You Do singer, 29, dated Dougie for two years...

Ellie Goulding on Dougie Poynter split: 'Breaking up with someone is a terrible thing'

Ellie Goulding has confirmed her split from McFly musician Dougie Poynter.

The Love Me Like You Do singer, 29, dated Dougie for two years. The couple broke up briefly over Christmas and got back together again but have now called it quits.

She told The Mirror: “I’m not in a relationship any more so that has been hard.


“Everyone knows breaking up with someone is a terrible thing and it’s really hard and it’s complicated.”

But the singer credited being on tour with giving her a positive outlet and distracting her from the misery of the break-up.

She explained: “It’s never going to be easy and I can’t think of any of my friends who have been through a break up and said it was all right.

“So it has been hard and I’m just grateful that I’m incompletely preoccupied with my tour and getting to see my fans.

“I think if I wasn’t on the tour it would be a great deal harder as you know when you’re by yourself you overthink things and wallow.


“I’m trying to keep my mind off it by watching and reading things.”

The couple had to contend with the stress of a long-distance relationship, with Ellie based in the UK and Dougie moving over to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career.

0 coment�rios: