‘What's up Celebrities’ updates readers on latest development in celebrities’ professional and personal life. Breaking the biggest stories in celebrity and entertainment news. Get exclusive access to the latest hollywood, bollywood and bhojpuri stories, photos, and video.

It's been nearly a year since Zayn Malik announced he was leaving One Direction, and now that he's flying solo, the 23-year-old sin...

Zayn Malik Says He Wasn't Allowed to Grow a Beard or Dye Hair While in One Direction

It's been nearly a year since Zayn Malik announced he was leaving One Direction, and now that he's flying solo, the 23-year-old singer is speaking out about the "restrictions" he claims to have agreed to while in the boy band.

Malik alleges in an interview with Complex magazine that his bandmates were not permitted to "come outside of that young teen boy look" when it came to their appearance. "Mainly my beard, honestly. I wasn't allowed to keep it," he recalls. "Eventually, when I got older, I rebelled against it, and decided to keep it anyway. That was just because I looked older than the rest of them."


Malik adds that being in control of his look is just another perk of launching a solo career. "That's one of the things that is now quite cool. I get to keep my beard," he says. "I also wanted to dye my hair when I was in the band, but I wasn't allowed to."


As for why he ultimately chose to leave One Direction, Malik says it had a lot to do with being true to himself. "It was about denying the authenticity of who I was, and what I enjoyed about music, and why I got into it," he explains. "That was always there. It was one of the things that wasn't going to go away, so I had to go away."

0 coment�rios: