‘What's up Celebrities’ updates readers on latest development in celebrities’ professional and personal life. Breaking the biggest stories in celebrity and entertainment news. Get exclusive access to the latest hollywood, bollywood and bhojpuri stories, photos, and video.

Dame Judi Dench has made history at the Olivier Awards as she has now won more Oliviers for acting than any other performer. The veteran ...

Dame Judi Dench makes history at Olivier Awards

Dame Judi Dench has made history at the Olivier Awards as she has now won more Oliviers for acting than any other performer.

The veteran star was named best actress in a supporting role for The Winter’s Tale at the ceremony held at London’s Royal Opera House.


Her win for her role as Paulina in the Kenneth Branagh Theatre Company’s production takes her collection of Olivier Awards to eight.

As she collected her award, she joked she was “livid” as her win meant she had lost a bet with her grandson.

She said: “Ladies and gentlemen, I’m absolutely livid as I had a bet with my grandson … and I’m never going to be able to forget it.”


She praised “a really fantastic company and crew and stage management”, saying of the award: “It’s lovely to have, but in actual fact it belongs to all those people just as much as it belongs to me.”

Sherlock creator Mark Gatiss joined the prestigious winners’ list as he was named best actor in a supporting role for Three Days In The Country.

He said: “I’m absolutely overwhelmed, I can’t tell you what this means to me. It was an amazing performance and a gift of a part.

0 coment�rios: