‘What's up Celebrities’ updates readers on latest development in celebrities’ professional and personal life. Breaking the biggest stories in celebrity and entertainment news. Get exclusive access to the latest hollywood, bollywood and bhojpuri stories, photos, and video.

Scarlett Johansson (Photo: Andrew Medichini/AP) Women in Hollywood are typically paid less than men, and that’s become a hot topic in r...

Scarlett Johansson Finds 'Something Icky' About Discussing Her Salary

Scarlett Johansson (Photo: Andrew Medichini/AP)

Women in Hollywood are typically paid less than men, and that’s become a hot topic in recent months. Jennifer Lawrence, Charlize Theron, and other stars have spoken frankly in interviews and essays about the salary gap, using their personal experiences as evidence. When asked about the issue for a new Cosmo cover story, Scarlett Johansson acknowledged the big picture, but added she’s not very comfortable discussing her own income.


“There’s something icky about me having that conversation unless it applies to a greater whole,” she tells the magazine. “I am very fortunate, I make a really good living, and I’m proud to be an actress who’s making as much as many of my male peers at this stage … I think every woman has [been underpaid], but unless I’m addressing it as a larger problem, for me to talk about my own personal experience with it feels a little obnoxious.”


Johansson’s feelings of ickiness are not unusual. Kate Winslet expressed similar feelings about discussing her earnings last November in a BBC interview, saying, “I don’t like talking about money; it’s a bit vulgar isn’t it?“

0 coment�rios: