‘What's up Celebrities’ updates readers on latest development in celebrities’ professional and personal life. Breaking the biggest stories in celebrity and entertainment news. Get exclusive access to the latest hollywood, bollywood and bhojpuri stories, photos, and video.

Child actor Neel Sethi will be seen playing the protagonist Mowgli in Jon Favreau's upcoming directorial The Jungle Book, which is base...

The Jungle Book Makers Auditioned 2000 Kids Before Selecting Neel Sethi!

Child actor Neel Sethi will be seen playing the protagonist Mowgli in Jon Favreau's upcoming directorial The Jungle Book, which is based on Rudyard Kipling's book of the same name and we learned that Neel was selected after the makers auditioned almost 2000 kids!

Confirming the same, Jon said, ''Finding the right kid to play Mowgli was imperative and we did an exhaustive worldwide search of 2,000 kids before we found Neel. He was one of the last people that I looked at, and right away, I felt that he had the same emotional and physical qualities that Mowgli had in the '67 animated version. His look was uncanny in how much he evoked what we wanted. He inherently had a good sense of fun and humor. Everything in this movie is geared toward the performance of this one kid. I've worked with enough kids to be confident in my own taste and my ability to get the performance. He was just so real. He felt right. We knew we found our Mowgli.''

On his part, little Neel, who is based in New York and will visit India soon to present the film, said, ''I have heard so many stories about the jungles of India from my maternal grandparents, who live there.  I am so excited to be visiting my homeland once again.  When my parents heard that I got the part to play Mowgli, they were so excited because the stories are based in India. I am thrilled to have played Mowgli in my first film and befriend the much loved characters like Bagheera the Panther and Baloo the Bear. India is the first country internationally that I will be presenting the film in. I really hope people in India enjoy watching the jungle come to life!"

Disney's all-new, live-action, epic adventure, The Jungle Book, will release in India on April 8, a week before coming out in the US.

0 coment�rios: