‘What's up Celebrities’ updates readers on latest development in celebrities’ professional and personal life. Breaking the biggest stories in celebrity and entertainment news. Get exclusive access to the latest hollywood, bollywood and bhojpuri stories, photos, and video.

Amy Adams is willing to take a pay cut if the role is right. The Batman v Superman actress is on the cover of British GQ and admits she...

Amy Adams Knew She Was Getting Paid Less Than 'American Hustle' Male Costars, Reveals David O. Russell Made Her Cry

Amy Adams is willing to take a pay cut if the role is right.

The Batman v Superman actress is on the cover of British GQ and admits she knew she was being paid less than her male co-stars in American Hustle, which became public knowledge when each star's pay was revealed during the Sony hack in 2014.

"Yeah, I did," she told the magazine. "I didn't speak about it before and I'm probably not going to speak about it forever, because I disagreed with...not Jennifer [Lawrence] per se, but people who had opinions on how women should go about negotiating."

The 41-year-old actress, who earned an Oscar nomination for the part, claimed, "I knew I was being paid less and I still agreed to do it because the option comes down to do it or don't do it. So, you just have to decide if it's worth it for you. It doesn't mean I liked it."

Lawrence broke her silence about the wage gap in an essay for Lena Dunham's Lenny newsletter, asking why stars like Bradley Cooper and Christian Bale made more than her.

"I didn't want to seem 'difficult' or 'spoiled,'" the 25-year-old Oscar winner wrote. "At the time, that seemed like a fine idea, until I saw the payroll on the Internet and realized every man I was working with definitely didn't worry about being 'difficult' or 'spoiled.'"

0 coment�rios: