‘What's up Celebrities’ updates readers on latest development in celebrities’ professional and personal life. Breaking the biggest stories in celebrity and entertainment news. Get exclusive access to the latest hollywood, bollywood and bhojpuri stories, photos, and video.

Carmen Electra is "in shock" following the death of music icon Prince, who served as a friend and mentor in the early days of h...

Carmen Electra 'in Shock' Over Prince's Death: 'I Didn't Think This Day Would Come'

Carmen Electra is "in shock" following the death of music icon Prince, who served as a friend and mentor in the early days of her career.

The model and actress sat down exclusively with ET's Kevin Frazier on Thursday, hours after the Purple Rain artist's untimely death at 57, where she opened up about his life and the impact he had on the world.

"Prince, to some people, was this untouchable force," Electra, 44, shared. "For someone who people looked up to like a god, this musical genius, this non-human thing, this entity, to be powerless and to lose his life – it's shocking. I feel I don't even know what to say… I didn't think this day would come."

Electra, whose real name is Tara Leigh Patrick, met and befriended Prince in 1991 when she was 18 years old. Prince, who convinced the actress to change her name to her current moniker, signed her to his Paisley Park Records, where she began her singing career.

Electra gushed over Prince's unbridled support of her dreams, recalling how great it was to have "this incredibly generous person believe in me, give me a career, record music for me, write the music [and] give me a name."

"If he believed in you he was rooting for you. He was the biggest cheerleader," Electra recounted. "He did that for me. He gave me confidence. To go to the school of Prince -- that was college to me."

0 coment�rios: